An influencer, her husband, and their two children have been found dead inside a pickup truck in Mexico.
Esmeralda Ferrer Garibay, 32, and spouse Roberto Carlos Gil Licea, 36, died alongside their son Gael Santiago, 13, and daughter, Regina, 7.
Authorities discovered the family on August 22 but only confirmed their identities yesterday.
Esmeralda, known online as Esmeralda FG, had tens of thousands of followers on social media.
She shared lifestyle and travel content, but also posted videos of herself lip-syncing to ‘narcocorrido’ drug ballads.
The abandoned pickup containing the bodies was found in Guadalajara, Mexico.
The family had moved to the Guadalajara metropolitan area for work just months earlier.
Roberto was involved in buying and selling vehicles and tomato farming in Michoacán state. Authorities reportedly believe the killings may be linked to his business activities.

Esmeralda Ferrer Garibay, 32, known by her online handle Esmeralda FG, had tens of thousands of followers on TikTok

Her body was found next to that of husband Roberto Carlos Gil Licea, 36, and their son Gael Santiago, 13, and daughter, Regina, 7

The couple and their two children were found dead inside a pickup truck in Mexico

Esmeralda’s TikTok content reportedly included videos of her lip-syncing to so-called ‘narcocorrido’ drug ballads, which focus on the stories of drug traffickers

The family had moved to the Guadalajara metropolitan area for work just months earlier. Pictured: Esmeralda paddling in the ocean

Authorities are believed to have discovered the family on August 22 but only confirmed their identities yesterday
Investigators tracked part of the pickup’s route using CCTV, which led them to a nearby mechanic’s workshop.
Prosecutor Alfonso Gutiérrez Santillán said: ‘The scene was processed, and investigators found multiple pieces of evidence suggesting the family was killed there.
‘While the forensic results are not yet in, ballistic and blood evidence almost certainly confirm they were murdered at that location.’
Two men present at the workshop were taken in to give statements but were later released due to a lack of evidence.
Upon leaving the prosecutor’s office, they met with two other individuals who had been waiting for them.
Minutes later, armed men intercepted the group and forcibly took three of them, while one managed to escape.
The three missing men remain unaccounted for, and authorities are seeking the fourth to obtain his statement.
Prosecutor Blanca Trujillo said: ‘Investigations show the perpetrators had been watching the exit for over two hours.
‘It wasn’t an immediate attack – they waited until the group had moved a few metres before carrying out the abduction.’
Advertisement