Manchester United have reportedly agreed personal terms with Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez as they prepare a dramatic £40million bid before the transfer window closes.
The Argentina international, who turns 33 early next week, has re-emerged as a target for United despite earlier doubts about his wages and temperament.
According to Fabrizio Romano, United made a fresh approach to Villa and Martinez’s representatives over the weekend.
And the journalist has now revealed that the two parties have come to an agreement on terms.
He posted on X: ‘Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Emiliano Martínez and approached Aston Villa!
‘As exclusively revealed this morning, Dibu is back as concrete option for #MUFC if Lammens deal doesn’t happen. Talks well underway now.’

Man United are said to be preparing a £40m bid for Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez
Talks over Royal Antwerp’s Senne Lammens remain ongoing, but Old Trafford chiefs want cover in case the £20m move for the Belgian falls apart with less than 48 hours of the window remaining.
Martinez, a World Cup winner with Argentina in 2022, has been one of Villa’s most influential figures under Unai Emery.
However, Villa are under pressure to ease Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) concerns and are open to cashing in if the price is right.
United manager Ruben Amorim is said to have lost faith in Andre Onana, who cost £43m in 2023, while Altay Bayindir has also struggled.
Bayindir has started in all three of United’s Premier League games so far this season, including Saturday’s 3-2 win over Burnley.
Onana played 50 times last season but his only appearance in the current campaign came in shock Carabao Cup defeat at League Two Grimsby Town.
Meanwhile, Villa are eyeing a late swoop for West Ham midfielder Lucas Paqueta.

United also continue to be linked with 23-year-old Royal Antwerp stopper Senne Lammens

United manager Ruben Amorim is not overly impressed with his current goalkeeping option

Liverpool

Arsenal
*18+, excludes NI. Terms and conditions apply
The Brazilian is open to leaving West Ham for European football after enduring a tough past 12 months following betting allegations and Villa are among a number of clubs interested in the 27-year old, as reported by Daily Mail Sport.
Paqueta, who was wanted by Manchester City in the summer of 2023, could yet be allowed to go if suitable offers come in and allow the club to bolster first.